October 4, 2013

Greener Pastures

The amazing view in Lake County during a recent road trip

The first week of one of the most gorgeous Midwestern months is already behind us, and I’m left scrambling to accomplish some of my favorite fall activities before the weather turns and we (with great resistance) plunge into the depths of winter. A few of the things that I’m looking forward to this October…

  • Packing my new Phillip Lim x Target luggage and heading to a cabin on Lake Okauchee to boat, fish and play board games with my family
  • Digging out my multi-colored crocks and Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe and filling my condo with the fragrance of fall
  • Carving these ghoulish mini pumpkins
  • Eating gooey, toppings-covered caramel apples
  • Kicking around colorful leaves while trying out a new hiking trail with my hiking pal, Flossy
  • Making s’mores over a campfire
  • Paying a visit to Madison for one of their last Farmers’ Markets of the year
  • Hitting up a haunted corn maze in the middle of nowhere
  • Lighting tons of candles and watching a scary movie
  • Finding ways to incorporate my scarf collection into my wardrobe as the weather cools down


No comments:

Post a Comment