October 24, 2013

Spiders & Skulls

My wax-bottomed Maker's Mark glasses and skull cocktail picks are perfect to showcase on the bar this time of year

I don’t really hold back when it comes to the holidays. By this point in the month, my packages of sparkly spiders, flock of crows, bags of cobwebs and arsenal of skulls and pumpkins is out in full force.  Unfortunately, I haven’t really mastered the art of interior lighting for my photography and I still hate the yellow walls that we inherited, so I’ll spare you most shots of my decked out bookcases.

That said, I couldn’t resist an opportunity to show you a few of the creatures that are currently haunting our place. You’ll have to forgive me for leaving out the picture of our apothecary jar of grotesque gummy worms—we either have really hungry ghosts, or my boyfriend’s been over-serving himself.  

The "Webster's Visual Dictionary of Curiosities" always gets a prominent place on my desk in October
Look closely at the hallway mirror and you may find that a spider nest has claimed it
My inner mad scientist can't resist displaying specimens under glass
There's now an infestation on our condiment tray
Thinking about leaving this one up year-round. Bonus: it glows in the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment