May 23, 2012

Frugal Gourmet

Okay, I admit it: I LOVE a good deal. In fact, those closest to me may say that this is one of my major defining characteristics. I especially enjoy a discount when it gives me the chance to experience a luxury for which I would never pay full price, which is why I am one of those people who frequent the small sale rack at the back of Williams-Sonoma. They generally mark down their gourmet foodstuffs when there is still a reasonable amount of time to spare before expiration, as was recently the case with this and this. When all you need to add is  butter and an egg, it may actually be the cheapest way to make homemade cookies. Add some fun packaging, and their luxury factor remains intact, even if you did buy the mix for a ridiculously low price.

No comments:

Post a Comment