August 14, 2012

About Face

Jerry Hall

On a recent lazy afternoon, I had finally had the chance to sit down and watch the HBO documentary About Face. I’ve always been captivated by the world of fashion and modeling, but I’ve had to get my media fix from sources such as The Making of the Swimsuit Issue and the early years of America’s Next Top Model. I’ve never been able to bring myself to watch any of the recent reality shows on the topic. 

Luckily, in the last few years, there has been a number of sophisticated films offering a peak into the exclusive industry including: Bill Cunningham New York, The September Issue, and Valentino: The Last Emperor. It seems that About Face can now be added to the list. The models interviewed are timeless and, while watching Jerry Hall throw her head back and laugh, I found myself wishing that I could have been around in their respective heydays.

Carmen Dell'Orefice
Isabella Rossellini
Carol Alt
China Machado
Christie Brinkley

No comments:

Post a Comment