August 13, 2012

Windy City Weekend

Love Birds Taking Their Chances with Record Waves

My cousin and his very fun girlfriend stayed with us over the weekend to experience all that Chicago and its little neighbor to the north, Evanston, have to offer. I always enjoy showing adventurous visitors around town as it encourages me to rediscover local favorites (namely Lou Maltnati’s, Wrigley Field and nearby watering holes such as Murphy’s Bleachers and Dark Horse Tap and Grille) and explore my own quaint little neighborhood (at new late night spots like Taco Diablo). As evidenced in the few pictures that we managed to take, the weather was the perfect backdrop to a few nonstop days of family-filled festivities. 

A nod to my hometown heroes and, might I add, the winners of the game
Amid throngs of tourists gaping up at the legendary marquee
A view from our seats of a surprising sea of red shirts, captured in between bites of a world-famous Vienna Beef
A sweet ending to the weekend (inspired by this) and beginning of Shark Week


No comments:

Post a Comment