July 7, 2013

Birthdays in Barns

Just a few of the friendly faces out back

My sister has fully moved in to her barn-turned-apartment in Wisconsin—just in time to celebrate her birthday, country style. Although she is working a ridiculous number of hours at all times of day, we were able to take in some sunshine at the local Farmers Market, enjoy a walk around one of the many lakes in the area, make a pit stop at a gift shop that was too cute for words, and dine upon a local specialty: the Friday night fish fry. Unfortunately, many of the memories weren’t captured on film as I forgot my camera back in Chicago. Needless to say, it was a lot of fun and I’m already looking forward to visiting again next weekend, even if the barnyard animals’ wake-up calls begin around 4 a.m. 

A delicious assortment of birthday cupcakes, courtesy of Miss Julia's Bake Shop
The start of the "5" collection that I've been wanting to start with my boyfriend (who I started dating in the 5th month of 2005) which I picked up while shopping at Monograham in Delafield
The everlasting gardenia blossom that my aunt sent home with my on our way back from Kentucky
Sunday night dessert: a trio of sorbets stuffed inside hollow citrus shells
Not shown: the fruit, which was used to flavor large goblets of sangria enjoyed on the porch earlier in the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment