July 16, 2013

Trail Blazer V: Guest Edition!

Jessica's dog Patterson means business during workouts

Though new music is crucial to keeping my stamina up during workouts, I'm usually behind on fresh songs because I spend most of my radio time tuned into Howard Stern. Luckily, my best friend Jess keeps me up to date. She and I got to know each other as freshman roommates at Ohio University, and though she now lives across the country, I continue to rely on her for the latest hits (even if she was a die-hard Tori Amos fan when we first met).  That said, take it away Jess…

***

Living in Seattle, you need to take advantage of the warm sunny days when they come! I crave any time I can enjoy walking/running outside and I've been dragging along my dog, a six year old Dachshund/Terrior mix named Patterson.  Watching a weiner dog run distance is a sight to see... but maybe I need to give him a chance to build up to running like I've been doing myself.  I'm no runner, but slowly I'm learning how to fake it with a little motivation, my Fitbit and a great beat.  Here's a list of my current favorite songs to keep my dog and my short legs a chugging:

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us
2. Missy Elliot - Work It
3. Beyonce - End of Time
4. Skrillex - Bangarang
5. STRFKR - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
6. Icona Pop - I Love it
7. Cher Lloyd - Want You Back
8. MIA - Bamboo Banga
9. Kid Cudi - Day N Night
10. Mary J. Blige - Just Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment