April 11, 2012

Have a Seat

   Image
Although I’ve been preoccupied with getting outside to take advantage of the amazing spring weather we’ve been having, evenings spent hunched over my laptop at the coffee table have reminded me that I must stay on task and set up an office space soon. A recent stop at Design Within Reach has inspired me, and further encouraged my somewhat new love of modern chair design. It also reinforced my ongoing sticker shock. I look forward to the day when I can nonchalantly reference the many styles upon sight and afford to start a collection of these iconic pieces. Until then, a girl can dream (and take pleasure in instantly recognizing my favorite, the Eames Aluminum Group Management Chair, at Don Draper’s desk in a recent episode of Mad Men.)


No comments:

Post a Comment