April 27, 2012

Sky's the Limit



Today marks the one-month anniversary of sandcastle, an achievement certainly worthy of celebration! I started this blog for many reasons: to push myself to learn new skills, to remember what it feels like to think creatively from time to time, to advance my almost nonexistent technological skills, to show far-flung family and friends what I’m up to, and perhaps most importantly, to create a journal of sorts that I could refer back to and remember things that made me happy, things that made me think, and things that defined a certain period of my life.

In the very short time that I’ve been at this little project, I’ve realized how diverse my interests are (and how many people share them), how many things I still don’t know (and, after being the only one under the age of 60 at a recent Mac class at an Apple store, how many things I already know), how pleased (and at times, incredibly anxious) I can become by putting my thoughts on the web, and sadly, how little free time I have to myself after a full work week (and how important balance is for maintaining my sanity). More than ever, I’m excited to build this sandy little site and look to the horizon to see where it takes me. Thanks for stopping by to monitor my progress!

2 comments:

  1. As someone who never checks blogs, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy sandcastle, congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to drop in and see what you're up to. I think the photography has been very good and I hope your readership grows over the months/years.

    ReplyDelete