January 10, 2013

Ice Fishing



My boyfriend goes on an ice fishing trip with his friends every year, and I have to admit that my interest in the sport has always been piqued. While we were up north, I had him take me out onto the frozen lake (a mind-blowing experience in itself since I’ve only seen it in the middle of summer), and show me how it’s done.  Though the temperature hovered around zero degrees during the entire experience, I must say that there is something quite refreshing about quietly communing with nature on a desolate sheet of ice.






1 comment:

  1. Sandcastle - I think you failed to post the most important part of an ice fishing trip.... which would be pictures of all of the fish!!!!
    Or were they to BIG to get through that little hole in the ice ?

    ReplyDelete