January 8, 2013

Cabin Fever

The main source of warmth, from which I never strayed too far

Although it’s tradition to visit my boyfriend’s family cabin in Northern Wisconsin every summer (as documented here), I’ve never had the chance to see it in the winter months. This year, we went up for a few days, and despite my slight intolerance for cold weather and utter lack of skill at winter sports, I thoroughly enjoyed every second of the trip. Most of it was spent tucked inside the warm cabin, where we kept the fire roaring, the books and board games at the ready, the tea piping hot, and the telephoto lens within arm’s reach to capture all of the wildlife activity happening right outside the windows.

The elusive white deer, making one of several appearances during our visit
Cross-country skiing, caught on film by my boyfriend while I sat by the fire reading
Proof that the birds were storing up for the winter
A stand of stark-white aspens alongside the trail
Oh, and the squirrels were busy storing up too

No comments:

Post a Comment