September 23, 2013

New Leaf

Accented my blowout and new Phillip Lim x Target shirt with a marabou pouf

It’s fitting that the first day of fall was this past weekend, as it seemed to usher in an era of transition. I unpacked some warmer clothes, got a new haircut, and added a few new accessories to the mix as the weather leveled off and stuck around the mid 60s. We went into the City for a couples dinner, where I caught up with friends who are busy leading their adult lives all across Chicagoland, and then we headed up to Waukegan to walk another leg of the Des Plaines River Trail (our last visits documented here and here) and to kiss my boyfriend’s childhood home goodbye for the last time. It was a poignant moment that officially put the summer behind us and encouraged us look forward to new places, experiences and traditions. 

The numerology possibilities for my fingers are endless thanks to my new rings

Admiring the convergence of Mill Creek and the Des Plaines River (and one of my first hot drinks of the season)
One last glance before leaving for the final time
We skipped Sunday night dinner in favor of bowls of popcorn, Breaking Bad and the Emmys

No comments:

Post a Comment