August 15, 2013

Garden Plot, Take 2



Last year, I adopted my first community garden plot and found myself really enjoying the ritual of visiting a few times a week to weed, water and harvest. When a sunnier spot nearby opened up this year, I jumped at the chance to relocate.

It’s been interesting to see the difference in plant success from one garden to the next. Last year, the wildlife claimed my dill, cilantro, beans and eggplant. This year, it’s the peppers, parsley and thyme. I’ve experimented with a few new things this time around and some of them have really taken off. Though I have yet to pluck my first red tomato, I’ve been thrilled to pick massive cucumbers, handfuls of raspberries, bouquets of flowers and bunches of sage, rosemary, basil and lavender.


No comments:

Post a Comment