August 14, 2013

Lapham Peak

Hostess gifts from my garden plot

On our most recent trip to see my sister in Wisconsin, we visited Kettle Moraine State Forest and hiked to the top of Lapham Peak. Despite the state’s relatively flat terrain, the views were incredible, and the huge stretches of butterfly gardens and dense forests along the trail immediately made the park one of my favorite places in the area.

There’s already talk of cross-country skiing the trail this winter. Though I’m certainly no fan of winter sports, we heard that they line the path with candles, so I may be up for it after all, especially if I can end the adventure with a festive lakeside beverage. 

Our trail companion and trusty cell phone carrier, Flossy
Butterflies as far as the eye can see
Final climb to the top
The rewarding view of Lake Country from the top
"Seesteritas" on the shores of Pewaukee Lake
A stunning end to a day in the wilderness

No comments:

Post a Comment